Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Passing of a beloved friend

So I started to write this blog, then released I needed more time. So now I am ready to face this and be ok with it. Some of you know that we recently had to put Krystn's cat to sleep. Her name was Godsmack, yes, like the band. She was a wonderful member of our family for 8 years. She was not only a cat, but like a playmate for Krystn. Our house is very solemn without her presence. She is greatly missed. I got Godsmack for Krystn for Christmas in 2002. I remember like it was yesterday. Krystn and Godsmack bonded from the moment she saw her. She use to go limp in Krystn's arms. Krys would bounce down the hallway with her, and Godsmack never complained. People told me all the time to make Krys "be careful with the kitty" and I said "No, Godsmack will let her know if she crossed the line." And, there were times she did...lol Godsmack got very sick, and we found out she had FIP. It was a fatal, painful, non-treatable disease. Only 5% of cats (so they say) get this from the regular coronavirus (FCoV) which is like the common cold for cats. After doing good for a couple of weeks, she went back downhill. That is when we decided to put her to sleep. It was one of the single hardest decisions I have ever had to make. Krystn has had a hard time with it. After about 5 nights, she finally slept through the night. But last week she was primarily in our room with us. Many tears. So I got a bunch of old pictures together and made a collage with her collars (yes she had two, one for when she lost one from killing birds). I think that helped her. So we have talked much about death. It is a very hard subject for children anyways. She says that she hopes Godsmack will come home, and we just keep letting her know she wont, but that to always remember her and she is happy now. So here are some pictures I would like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment